Position Type: Full Time
Description of Position:
US SiteWork, Inc. is a specialty trade construction company specializing in earthwork, foundations, demolition and drilling. We are looking for a self-motivated, knowledgeable Project Manager/Foreman for our Bismarck/Mandan location. The Project Manager/Estimator's primary duty is to bid and secure projects. Once projects are awarded, the Project Manager manages the contract work from start to finish including: scheduling, cost containment, monitoring progress, compliance and client contact.
- Bismarck, ND
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to seek out/complete bid opportunities for the company through client relationships, network opportunities, public/private postings, assigned bid opportunities, etc.
- Estimates projects for bid submittal by: reviewing plan and specifications, calculating quantities, gathering quotes and submittals, constructing the bid and creating the bid submittal in a timely manner.
- Coordinates pre-construction meetings for projects awarded to ensure communication and coordination between project managers, field and office support. Works with operations staff to coordinate appropriate construction methods and staffing needs.
- Obtains necessary permits and licensing.
- Manages costs by tracking labor and materials.
- Manages billing, with Project Coordinators, to ensure accuracy of invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and management of over/under billing on a monthly basis.
- Communicates and is responsible to work with appropriate staff to meet any and all EEO/DBE project requirements.
- Works to ensure all aspects of project are met safely, on/under budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed.
- Uses appropriate resources to troubleshoot any project issues that may arise.
- Seeks approval for all project change orders (before work is completed) and manages changes to the scope of work to maintain profitability.
- Coordinates efforts and communication with the project owner/general contractor to work toward safe and timely project completion and adjust project scope of work and timelines as needed.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with current clients; responsible to create relationships with potential future clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or 2+ years of field experience in related scope of work.
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management, employees, external vendors and other business associates. Must clearly communicate directions and information and speak effectively before groups as well as individuals. Must also have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions. Must know standard conversions used in the construction industry.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and internal safety complaints. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of Bidding and Project Management software, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect and document data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of situations and events and respond accordingly. Ability to seek counsel, when needed and use a variety of resources.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays to jobsites outside of office location area.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee occasionally may encounter high noise levels, but hearing protection is provided/required. The employee seldom lifts or moves up to 10 pounds.
The ideal candidate must be well- organized, hardworking, motivated, good with people, and the ability to use a computer on a daily basis. Position will require managing a crew and work well within a team.
Annual employment includes, accrued PTO, Paid Holidays, health/dental insurance, STD/LTD, 401K and annual bonuses based on performance and profitability. Annual Salary will be based on experience level.
U.S. SiteWork, Inc. puts safety above all and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a career position with room for growth. If interested, please submit a resume online at www.ussitework.com.
Apply online and attach resume.